My Favorite Recipe From Volume 1
My recipes lean towards food that will fill you up. Green salads are well and good, but I need to know I'll make it to my next meal without gnawing on any of my body parts :-). Here's an example - Corn Chowder tastes good, you can spice it up the way you like it, and best yet, it's warm and filling and good for you.
I miss creamy textures when I detox and that's why I like this soup. It's got great flavour and freezes well too.
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 T olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 c organic chicken stock (check the ingredients, organic brands usually have the ingredients you can eat on the detox)
- 2 medium sweet potatoes peeled and chopped into 1/2 inch bits
- 2 c frozen corn
- salt and pepper
- spice options: oregano and basil if you want it mild or chili powder or cajun spices if you prefer spicy
Fry the onion in the oil for a couple minutes and add the garlic, either pressed or chopped fine. Then add the stock and potato bits, bring to a boil, and simmer until the potatoes are starting to get soft. Add the corn and salt and pepper to your taste (some broths are more salty than others so you may not need much). Add your favourite spices. Simmer for 5 more minutes. Put half of the soup in a food processor or blender and puree it. Add it back and check the seasoning before serving. 4 servings.
Download Volume 1 and 2 of the Detox Cookbook today for your next detox!
More Favorite Recipes
- Check out faves such as my Mom’s Porcupines made Detox-friendly (v.1) or my Breakfast Smoothie (v.2).
- Check out awesome snacks like Black Bean Dip (v.1), Sushi Hand Rolls and Spicy Almond Butter Dip (v.2).
- Check out meals you can make entirely from the 80% and unlimited food lists like Veggie Spaghetti and Salmon Rice Salad (v.1) or Almond Crusted Salmon with Lemon Rice (v.2).